Thursday, February 25, 2010

Coppa

I pulled the coppa down from hanging and it tastes really good. I used my camera phone on this picture, so it's kind of fuzzy. Hopefully I'll be able to take a better picture soon. The restaurant has been selling a lot of salami plates, and we've been running through product pretty quick. I'm gonna to hopefully start some lonza pretty soon. I like to have at least 2 muscles on the charcuterie plate. With the coppa ready, I now have that, and duck prosciutto. I also have the lardo that needs to be used.

I've been doing some research on new salami flavors, and starting this week, I am going to start flavoring my own salts and using them to create new flavors to mix with the pork. Doing this will allow me to create many more combinations that I couldn't normally do. Im very excited about starting this and will keep posting what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment