Sunday, February 28, 2010

Porchetta Di Testa


So today was my day off, and I'm starting to plan my week ahead. This is whats going on so far. The nduja is finally down and ready for the charcuterie plate. The prosciutto is going to be coming out of the cure on Tuesday, rinsed, and them pressed for incubation. The calabrese, cardamom-orange, pepperoni, and chorizo all need about another week and they'll all be just about done. The duck prosciutto is out and on the plate. Coppa is done. Today I'm experimenting making some flavored, homemade salts to incorporate some new flavors. Again, this is just a couple of test runs. Not really sure what the outcome will be, what flavors I want, or if it will even work. I was thinking about trying something new, and doing a little research online I've decided to try porchetta di testa. Basically, it is another way of doing headcheese. Instead of using a terrine or casings, I'm going to bone out a pig's head, marinade it for a couple of days, then braise it in a sous vide bath. I want to start this on Wednesday, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment