Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 3

So today was the first day I checked out the salami hanging. They have already started to turn a little darker in color. I was also able to look at the one I have hanging in the warmer of the two rooms. This one was already starting to come together a little more. I noticed that along with the color change, the meat had already started to shrink up a little bit. I also decided to take a link of the N'duja and hang it along with the one in the warmer room. I want it to ferment a little more in the last couple weeks of curing. It's still looking and feeling great! It also has wonderful aroma of smoke and spice! This week I plan to get a pig's head in and make another torchon. I recieved a lot of positive feedback from servers and guests.

1 comment:

  1. Adam, please keep us updated on how the 2 different batches work out, this is very interesting to me at least. I love how minor differences can make a major flavor or appearance change, and what you are doing is great. Everything the same except for the slight difference in the incubation/hanging temperature. Thanks for the info the other night too!

    ReplyDelete