Saturday, March 27, 2010

New Salumi

The picture on the right is of some lardo butter I made yesterday, that will probably garnish the charcuterie plate. I thought it would be a cool idea to serve it with the bread, and possibly with some N'duja. The butter came out really well. Creamy and smooth. Today I put some pork belly in the cure. I also put some duck prosciutto to cure. I put 5 breasts in a lavender-salt cure. My girlfriend and I stopped by the store today before work and bought some spices to try out some new salami flavors. I was able to make a couple different spice mixes, but didn't mix anything because I haven't gotten the casings yet. Maybe sometime the beginning of next week. I'm planning on making a spreadable sobresada, maple-blueberry, cocoa-chipotle, and smoked salt. Looking forward to see how they come out! Prosciutto is almost ready to be pulled down. Right on schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment