Sunday, March 28, 2010

Prosciutto: Pork out, Duck up


I pulled down the pork shoulder prosciutto I have hanging. I was a little worried about how salty it might be, and I wanted to try a little piece before it is officially ready. I have to say, instead of being over salted, I don't think it was salty enough. I just cut a little piece of the outside, and to me, it could've used a little more. I think I'm going to let it hang just another week before I pull it down and slice it. I left the bone in on this one to see if it adds any more flavor than a deboned prosciutto. We'll have to see how it comes out.
The 2 types of duck prosciutto are up and hanging. A regular salt cure, and a lavender salt cure. I know I keep saying this, but I really plan on getting another pig head early this week, and start another porchetta di testa.

No comments:

Post a Comment