Sunday, January 3, 2010

It wasn't always like this...


Ive been cooking for almost 10 years now, but this is a bit different. I started when i was 16, and all I knew was that if the pan wasn't sizzling, then it wasn't cooking. That mentality stuck with me for a long time. The hotter, the better. It wasn't until a couple of years ago, that I realized that cooking had little to do with the amount of heat that is applied to food, and thats what made me decide to create this blog.

Learning the art of charcuterie has really renewed my strength in cooking. It brings a sense of calmness to a chaotic kitchen atmosphere. There's a mutual respect between you and your product. It's simple and straight-forward, yet complicated and sometimes complex at the same time. With little room for error, it can make even the most experienced chef wonder.

I've always been a believer in forward progress through past experiences. With this blog, I'm planning to track my progress and experiences with everyone.

I hope you enjoy reading it.

1 comment: