Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pig's Head Torchon...



Today was a pretty productive day. I've had some left over meat from the headcheese that I had made a while back. One of the other cooks mentioned making a torchon, but we didn't have any pig skin left. I decided to try it with some chicken skin. I have to say, it tasted pretty delicious. I was able to sear the torchon then put it in the oven for just a minute, then slice it. Check out the pictures!

I have 6 duck breasts that are going to be cured early next week. Im really excited about those. After eating at different salumi restaurant, I've encountered some different flavors I can add to some prosciutto cure to let it stand out a little more from other duck prosciutto around town. Also, I have a total of 20 pounds of pork that I am going to start making into salami soon. I took inventory of what I have at the moment and all together I have 3 pounds of sopressa de fruilli, 4 pounds of finocionna, half pound of coppa, 1 pound of duck prosciutto, half a pound of lonza, 4 pounds of genoa, 1 pound of lardo, and 5 pounds of N'duja. Not a bad mix!

1 comment:

  1. Looking and sounding good man! I need to come check out your offerings soon. I am going to start some new stuff next week I think. I want to do biltong and something, LOL.

    ReplyDelete