Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pork Gummy Bears!

I took some of the lardo down yesterday and sliced it. It looks good and tastes great! I melted some on toast and cut some into lardons and rendered them until translucent. One of my co-workers described them as little "pork gummy bears"! I thought they tasted awesome! A few lucky tables got to taste some when I garnished the charcuterie plate with a couple little lardons and they really seemed to enjoy them. Here are some pictures!

Just an update, the N'duja is looking and feeling great! This batch is not firming up at all as the last batch did, and so far it looks like it's going to be spreadable! Can't wait to try some! Also, the headcheese was delicious! Maybe making some pate today. Coppa is in the cure!

1 comment:

  1. Adam, what are you using to smoke your salumi? Do you have a cold smoker at work, or are you using something like the smoking gun? I plan on smoking a salmon side on Saturday using my smoking gun, just wondering what you are using.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete